In our ongoing drive for continuous improvement, we will, as far as is reasonably practicable, adopt the following principles, which will form the basis of our specific environmental objectives,
which will be regularly progressed and reviewed:
- Be compliant with all current environmental legislation
- Minimise consumption of all raw materials used, including water, fuel and energy.
- Minimise waste in production and packaging and ensure that any waste generated is labelled, stored and disposed of correctly and where possible recycled.
- Provide safe, clean and hygienic working conditions.
- Develop systems to prevent/reduce any environmental pollution and alert the company to any accidental emissions or incidents.
- Co-ordinate deliveries and sales calls to reduce transport costs and energy.
- Develop systems for the responsible purchase, development, operation and maintenance of plant and associated processes to reflect the principles above.
- Ensure that the management, staff and sub-contractors understand and comply with this policy.
- Communicate environmental awareness in our staff/suppliers through regular briefings.
- Periodically review and revise this policy